National Park Risnjak
In the vicinity of the Park we can find a large number of extremely beautiful natural sights because of which this area has been included amongst the highest level of protected nature. The Risnjak National Park is a very good example of altitude decomposition within a relief, geological, hydrological and climatic aspect, as well as in plant covering and animal world.
Surface area: 6350 ha
Highest point: 1528 m – Risnjak peak
Lowest point: 290 m – Kupa Valley
Main protection phenomenon: forest and hydrogeological natural monument – Kupa spring
City area: Delnice and Čabar
- strong climate and vegetation barrier between coastal and continental parts of Croatia.
- the most important example of upland vegetation division in Croatia
- the most beautifully expressed phenomenon of karst sinkhole vegetation
- a natural bond between the Alps and the Balkan mountains
- a natural habitat for all three European large animals (bear, wolf and lynx)
- 1148 flora species and sub-species
Bijela Vodica 48, Crni Lug, CROATIA
T: +385 (0)51 836 133
F: +385 (0)51 836 116